When it comes to building muscle in your arms, many lifters turn to barbell bicep curls, tricep dips and bench presses. These exercises are effective because they work for several major muscle groups at once. But if your arms have stopped growing, it may be time to change up your routine. Have you tried adding an EZ Curl Bar to your workout regime? They’re excellent for building up your biceps and triceps, and they work especially well if you’re short on time.
EZ bars are a great alternative to dumbbells and barbells that let you work more muscles in a wider range of motion.
EZ-Bar: An incredible tool to stimulate upper body growth!
In this blog, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about introducing EZ Curl Bar to your fitness routine, including why it’s worth adding to your fitness journey and what exercises you can do to get the best results from using EZ Cur Bar. Keep reading!
What Is An Ez Curl Bar?
An EZ bar is a type of barbell that can help you achieve your strength and hypertrophy goals. It’s similar to a straight barbell but has a zigzag shape that allows for more variability in grip, which makes it more comfortable and less stressful on your joints. They come in a variety of sizes and angles, so everyone can find one that works best for them. The name “EZ” wasn’t chosen by accident–they are easier on your wrists than standard straight bars, making them better for targeting different muscle groups through curls, tricep extensions, upright rows, and countless other exercises.
Why you should use an EZ Bar?
Get a Better Grip – EZ bars allow you to grip the bar in a way that avoids external rotation, which is common during straight bar lifting and can cause injury.
Get a Better Balance – EZ bars provide greater balance when you load them with weight. As a result, you can focus on moving the bar up and down to maximize muscle engagement and growth.
Increased muscular activation – EZ bars are great because they allow you to target specific muscles. Because the shape of the bar allows you to incorporate more variety in your exercise, you can also build strength and tone.
Exercises with EZ Curl Bar For Maximum Results
You can use an EZ bar for most exercises that you would perform with a traditional Olympic barbell. However, some exercises are better performed with a straight Olympic barbell than with an EZ bar. For example, squats, deadlifts and bench presses are better done with a straight barbell than with an EZ bar. These are the best exercises to do with EZ Bar that use a variety of grips and hand placements. They all have the end goal of building muscle, giving you bigger arms, and improving your strength. Let’s look at each exercise in detail.
E-Z Bar Standard Bicep Curl
Target Muscles: Biceps brachii, Biceps brachialis, Short head of biceps
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart
- Hold a curl bar at whatever grip feels most comfortable, but keep in mind that your choice of grip will target different muscle groups
- Curl your biceps and bring the E-Z bar up to your chest by contracting at your elbow. Keep your elbows close to your sides.
- Lower the bar slowly to ensure that you engage your muscles and return to the starting position. Keep your feet shoulder-width apart and your wrists straight as you lower the bar slowly
- Repeat steps 1-4 as many times as you like
E-Z Bar Lying Tricep Extension
Also known as skull crushers, this exercise will work your triceps in a way that feels fantastic.
Target Muscles: h presses. These exercises are effective because they work for several major muscle groups at once. But if your arms have stopped growing, it may be time to change up your routine. Have you tried adding an EZ Curl Bar to your workout regime? They’re excellent for building up your biceps and triceps, and they work especially well if you’re short on time.
- Lie back on a flat bench with the E-Z bar resting over your upper chest, using an overhand grip
- Put your feet flat on the floor and pull back your shoulders
- To perform skull crushers, press the E-Z bar straight up and lower your upper arm until the bar is at or just behind your head.
- Extend at your elbow until your arms are just about locked out and squeeze your triceps to engage them
- Repeat this motion the number of times you want
E-Z Bar Close Grip Bench Press
Target Muscles: Triceps and Upper chest
- Lie down on a weight bench with your back flat
- Hold the curl bar with your hands placed close together and your thumbs wrapped over the top
- Place your hands narrower than your shoulders
- Keep your elbows close to your body, and slowly push the bar up while extending your arms. Avoid locking your elbows by keeping a slight bend in them
- Return to the starting position by slowly lowering the E-Z bar to your chest
- Repeat the steps for as many repetitions as you want
E-Z Bar Incline Front Raise
Target Muscles: Lats, Trapezius, Deltoids
- Set up an adjustable weight bench at 45 degrees inclination
- Lie down on a bench with your chest against it and keep your feet firmly on the floor
- Hold the bar with a grip that is neither too wide nor too narrow
- Keep your arms straight and now lift the bar until it’s at shoulder level
- Bring the bar slowly to starting position
- Repeat this process for the desired number of repetitions
E-Z Bar Reverse Grip Curl
Target Muscles: Forearms, the short head of bicep brachii, long head of bicep brachii
- Stand up straight with your feet about hip-width apart
- Hold your E-Z bar with an overhand grip, keeping your hands at a width that is comfortable for you
- Bend your elbows as you lift the bar
- Raise the barbell as high as you possibly can while keeping your upper arms straight and close to the sides of your body
- Bring the bar down slowly
- Repeat the steps as many times as you wish
In conclusion, EZ Curl Bars are an effective aid for your biceps and triceps workouts. From compound lifts to isolating exercises, you can get the most out of each set when you use a straight bar or an EZ bar. Alternating between the two bars is a fun way to challenge yourself and avoid plateaus in muscle growth.
Muscle Mad strives to provide you with the best fitness equipment to help you get the most out of your workout, and there’s no better time than today to start your fitness journey. Check out musclemad.co.uk today!