Squat racks are complex pieces of gym equipment, but they don’t have to be! They can be quite helpful –if you know how to use them. In this post, prospective buyers learn about the benefits of a squat rack, who should invest in one and why, and how it helps you to achieve your weightlifting goals. By the time you finish reading this article, you’ll have all the information you need objectively review a squat rack and determine if it’s the right piece of equipment for your home gym.
What is a Squat Rack?
A squat rack is a piece of equipment used for weightlifting or bodybuilding. The rack consists of two vertical posts, which are usually made from steel or wood. You place the barbell and/or bumper plates on the horizontal bar at the top of the rack, then step under it and stand up with it resting across your shoulders (known as “racking”). This allows you to safely lift heavy weights from the floor to overhead without worrying about dropping them on yourself!
Why Do You Need A Squat Rack?
The most common use for a squat rack is for performing squats, deadlifts and bench presses safely. If you don’t have access to a rack, it can be difficult to perform these exercises safely without hitting yourself on the head with the barbell or dropping it on yourself when trying to lift it off the floor. With the right set-up, however, you can perform these exercises safely without any risk of injury or property damage!
Here are just some of the benefits of owning a squat rack:
Safety – Squat racks are designed to keep you safe while you lift weights. They are sturdy and have a bar that is placed at chest height so there is no chance of injuring yourself while performing squats or other exercises. They make it easier for you to do squats safely. When performing squats without a rack, you have to make sure that your form is perfect every time or else there’s a risk of injury. With a squat rack, however, there are no excuses – just place the barbell on the pins and away you go!
Portability – Some squat racks fold up when not in use which makes them easy to transport from one location to another. This is especially helpful if you want to take your gym with you when travelling for business or pleasure!
Convenience – Squat racks provide storage space for weight plates, so you can keep them in one place instead of having to search for them all over the gym floor. This saves time because you don’t have to go searching for each piece of weight individually! It also allows for more space in the gym. While performing squats without a rack will take up some room in your gym, using one means that there are no restrictions on how far away from other equipment you can stand while working out.
Affordability – The cost of buying a squat rack isn’t as high as it used to be thanks to advances in technology which have allowed manufacturers to produce stronger products at lower prices than ever before!
How to Choose the Right Squat Rack?
- Ease of loading – When you’re lifting heavy weight, sometimes it can be difficult to get it on and off the ground. A squat rack makes this process much easier, as it allows you to load and unload plates quickly and easily.
- Strong construction -Squat racks need to be built to withstand heavy weights being loaded on them constantly over time. They should also be sturdy enough so that they don’t wobble when being used by multiple people at once.
- Large weight load – Squat racks should be able to handle large plates and weights without any problems, even if multiple people are using them at once. You want a squat rack that can hold up under heavy loads without sagging or bending under pressure. This is especially important if you plan on doing deadlifts or other exercises where you need a lot of room for yourself when lifting weights off the ground.
- Convenient weight increments – The first thing you need to consider when choosing a squat rack is how many people will be using it at once. If you want one that can support multiple people at once, then look for one with multiple bars instead of just one bar attached to each side of the frame. This way, multiple people can use it without having to wait around for someone else to finish before they can start working out again.
- Adjustable height – Another important factor is whether or not you want an adjustable height bar that can be adjusted depending on what kind of exercise you want to do and how tall or short your workout partners are compared to you! This way, everyone gets an equal chance at performing their exercises safely and comfortably.
Muscle Mad has a Monster Squat Rack which is a heavy-duty rack and can hold weights up to 500kgs, comes with a pair of J-Hooks, pair of Safety Squat Bars. Another epitome of strength and versatility is the Lite Squat Rack. A major benefit of these squat racks is that they allow you to focus on your training while giving you the option to progress weight over time.